Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Fiesta Sedan 2011 Global Powertrian Issue

Aamirx64

City
Srinagar
State
Non-US
Country
India
What I Drive
Fiesta 2011 Global Sedan
I am experiencing strange issue with the car. I am feeling sluggish acceleration and while crossing 90Km/hr of speed i get Powertrian light up. If i stop the car for 5 minutes and start again the light is gone. What coiuld be the problem. i have not scanned the car yet but once i get the code i will share it here. Any thoughts

Attachments

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Usually the code might indicate a My Key signal - where the key you're using is in the My Key profile and if it's a supervisor key - might need to have it's battery replaced for safety. Why? - because it (My Key) might be seeing a profile set up in the vehicle that tells it 90km/hr (which is about 55mph in the USA) is excessive speed or RPM - it can set off an alarm and prevent the user from going faster or at least alerting the driver of an excessive speeding condition.